As an owner-managed logistics service provider with Hanseatic roots, the company, founded in 1879, is now at home all over the world. 72 own offices and more than 2,500 employees in over 22 countries form the basis of the group of companies. We are there where industry and trade need us. We develop tailor-made concepts in the business areas of sea and air freight, contract logistics and tank containers.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing and executing the risk-based audit plan, strategies and concepts to further improve the audit processes.
- Planning and leading operational, financial and other audits of the company’s Global units.
- Identifying risk by performing control evaluation and testing.
- Preparing reports on audit results and providing recommendations to management for review and implementation.
- Partnering with management/acting as business partner and expert to develop innovative business-oriented solutions to improve controls, mitigate risk, ensure process effectiveness and efficiency and meet corporate strategic objectives.
- Evaluating and communicating financial and internal control best practices in use and making recommendations for strengthening internal controls, improving operations, and reducing costs.
- University degree in Business Administration or Economics
- Several years of working experience gained in external or internal auditing
- Experience with the assessment of logistic processes desirable
- Fluency in German as well as good English language skills; other European languages e.g. Spanish are advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic, good project management and organisational skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and work productively with others in a team environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (up to 60%)
- A versatile job, in which you can take on responsibility and develop further
- A dynamic team with competent and friendly colleagues
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- A culture of mutual respect and an outstanding working atmosphere
- Training opportunities
- Flexible management of working time
- A varied sport and health program